JAIR Open Access Publication Agreement
You have indicated your intention to submit an (the “article”) to be considered for publication by us. In order to publish your article, we need you to agree to the terms described in this document, which also sets out your rights. Please read the terms carefully before uploading the article. Sending us the article with the proper copyright notice and open access license notice will be taken as assurance that you have read the following terms, that you agree to these terms, and that you have the right to agree to these terms.
- You grant to us for the full term of copyright in the article and any extensions thereto the non-exclusive right throughout the world to edit, adapt, translate, publish reproduce, distribute and display the article in printed, electronic or any other medium and format whether now known or yet to be developed; you agree to allow us to publish the article and associated supplementary material under a CC-BY licence; and
- You warrant to us that:
- the article is your original work, has not previously been published and is not currently under consideration for publication by any other entity;
- in the case of a multi-authored article, you have obtained written authorisation from all the co-authors of the article (if any) to grant a licence to us on their behalf as their agent, and you will supply a copy of the same to us if we so request;
- where any copyright material has been included in the article which has been sourced from third parties (e.g. illustrations, photographs, charts or maps), you have; either obtained all necessary written authorisations for the reproduction and distribution of these materials to allow us to publish them under a CC-BY licence and you will supply a copy of the same to us if we so request; or clearly indicate that material which may not be published under a CC-BY licence.
- if copyright in the article is owned by any third party, whether your employer or someone to whom you have assigned your rights, you have obtained written authorisation from such copyright owner to allow us to publish the article under a CC-BY licence and will supply a copy of the same to us if we so request.
- the article does not contain anything which is obscene, defamatory, libellous, infringes any right of privacy or any intellectual property right (including without limitation rights in patents, copyright or trademarks) or any other rights of any person or entity, or is otherwise unlawful.
- You assert your moral right to be identified as the author or co-author of the article (as applicable).
- You agree to publish the article under a Creative Commons BY licence and are aware that we shall make the article open access.
- You retain copyright in the article. However, you authorise us to act on your behalf to defend your copyright in the article should anyone infringe it, and to retain half of any damages awarded after deducting our costs.
- You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all losses, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any claims made against us by third parties concerning the authorship of the article, the right to publish the article or the infringement of any third party’s rights.
- We are entitled to assign our rights under this agreement to any third party without giving notice to you.
- No change or modification of this agreement will be valid unless confirmed in writing by us.
- Failure or delay by us to exercise any right or remedy under this agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right or remedy, or prevent us from exercising that or any other right or remedy on any occasion.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the California courts.
- This agreement is terminated in case the article is rejected for publication or the author withdraws the article for consideration for publication before publication has occurred.